The Presence of Your Absence



Then, I had to jump off the cliff, much higher cliff, higher than the cloud. Time was that I had to. And I did. I stretched my arms of loves and hopes. I was safe on my ropes. I felt life as a fun and adventurous game. I was in the air, excited and happy. I saw the clear blue sky, harmony among the clouds, birds flying along singing the song of praise. Never had I thought there comes a time in life when everything would be in the right alignment. Never had I imagine when everything would be that perfect. I closed my eyes, thought of the cliff I was a while before. I felt I did well indulging in that venture I called Love.
All of a sudden, the rope snapped, I don't know. The Apocalypse. Now I am on the air of despair. I don't believe my body falls in the ocean so that I could somehow manage to swim and get to the shore. I am in the air, no ropes of safety to keep me from crashing on the ground. I tried to hold the rope tight. I couldn’t. I am detached. I am falling down but at a slow pace. Life decided not to hurt me all at once. But slowly, and slowly, letting me experience all the phases of sadness and misery. Now I realize happiness was just a glimpse, but sadness is a good observer. Looking at my situations very closely, without reacting on it.

Popular posts from this blog

Even Today!

Started in the end (December 24)